This low FODMAP recipe is another quick one to whip together. As a busy working mom with 3 very active and very hungry boys, I don’t have the time to make elaborate meals. However, they do have to taste good and appeal to a variety of little and big people at our dinner table. What I love about this meal is that it has so many different options to choose from! You can either use the exact ingredients listed below, or add a few of your own ideas. Each time I prepare it, everybody’s dish looks different depending on their tastes that day.
- 3 cups of cooked rice or quinoa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint or basil
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, well rinsed
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onion tops, chopped
- 150 crumbled feta or cubed cheese
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 4 boiled eggs or left over chicken
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Combine the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Divide all of the ingredients between 4 bowls and drizzle with the dressing. Enjoy for lunch or as a light dinner.
About Audrey: I’m a FODMAP trained registered dietitian and Certified Craving Change Practitioner based in Edmonton, Canada. I provide one on one nutrition counselling for IBS and the low FODMAP diet by phone, video call and email across Canada. I would love to help you get started on the low FODMAP diet. If you are curious, please call me or click here to schedule a free call.